Wednesday, July 13, 2011

As promised...

So I'm about halfway through my trip. I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks already, but I've really seen so much. The build was amazing. I saw schools with hundreds of kids, a few orphanages, and I've had the chance to really be immersed in the Kenyan culture. I learned a little Swahili, but it usually is met with giggles. I'm in a different town just overnight, and i spent the day on safari at Lake Nukuru, which is a huge park famous for it's millions of flamingos. I also saw black rhinos, white rhinos, water buffalo, wart hogs, wildebeests, baboons, monkeys, pelicans, & more. It was so surreal...quite possibly one of the top 3 most beautiful things I've ever seen. At the end it started to rain, and it was just perfection. : )

Tomorrow around 6am I drive out to Masai Mara for a safari, complete with sleeping in those tents you see on national geographic. ; ) I'll be back in Nairobi on Saturday night, so that's probably the next time I'll have Internet, but before I go to bed, I'll post another pic or two for y'all.

peace,
j

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are having such a great time in Kenya. Enjoy the safari down in the Mara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a dream of visiting Kenya ever since I saw "Out of Africa" with Meryl Streep. I'm Danish, so that movie has a certain meaning in Denmark (Isak Dinesen/Karen Blixen was Danish). So I'm so jealous of you for experiencing this magnificent country. The States is on my no. 1 spot of countries to visit, but Kenya is second. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Looking forward to more travel descriptions :-)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your feedback!
your comment will be posted shortly.